Do you think the modern and successful businesses are the result of brainstorming of top executives in the numerous meetings held frequently? The statistics of number of meeting held every day is huge…really HUGE! Even you might be attending several meetings in a day (depends on your designation). Have you ever felt while in the meeting or post meeting that you could have completed your work rather attending the meeting that led to no result? More than 50% of the meetings held have the purpose that can be solved without discussion too.
Dear entrepreneurs are you aware that you are investing your valuable time and money in making the productivity-draining meetings successful? Expecting the meeting to bring out a fruitful result will not be correct every time.
Let me get you to the DIRTY TRUTH!
- More than 10 million meeting in a day in America itself! Calculate for the rest of the world by yourself.
- More than 80% of the people attending meeting have admitted they usually yawn or pay less attention.
- More than 60% of the employees bring some other work to complete while the meeting is on.
- More than 45% of the employees forget the discussed points as soon as they get out of the meeting room.
- More than 50% of the meeting time is wasted in talking off the topic.
- Around 40% of the employees present in the meeting distract others.
- More than 55% of the meetings initiate with an aim to generate a result.
- More than 40% employees get frustrated due to ineffective meetings.
- Organizations spent around 30% of the revenue over inefficient meetings every year.
Considering the facts mentioned above, do you really think meetings boost sales? Well, If I suggest, pre-planning is very important for boosting sales. Both the leaders and the employees are advised to note down the points to be discussed. The next thing I would like to add is, trim down the words you speak i.e. don’t add volume to the speech unless you are required to.
If Meeting is really Required, Go for it!
Time management is equally important for making the meetings productive. So, starting and ending on time is very important. In case, you feel you want to add few more points to the discussion, ask your employees to get prepared by sparing extra time for meeting. You can also try other time saving means like video calls for one to one meeting. Such unique type of meetings can help the speaker and listeners to stay focused and increase their productivity on their points.
For making the meetings successful, do not involve the employees that are not required. Disallowing such people might save your valuable time. The predefined agenda of the meeting would make it significant. Several crucial decisions can be taken in any effective meetings. But it can also drain your productivity on the other side.
For the Speakers: Decide what you want to discuss and manage the time accordingly.
For the Listeners: Pay attention and react only where required.
Try Alternatives Too
Alternatives always exist! Decide how important the topic or case to be discussed in the meeting is. Avoid conducting a meeting if the point to be discussed can easily be accepted by every employee. Allow every employee to speak and keep their point in the front. You might get good and helpful points that may help you get to the conclusion easily.
More than 75% of the people think meetings are just the waste of time. Well, they are correct to an extent, but the rest 25% also think they can bring the revolution by just discussing important points in the meeting.